Saturday, May 12, 2007

Black and blue

During the last few weeks of 12th standard, as we had completed our physics practicals portions, GP decided to give us "slip tests", which could boost our grades. He said that he would include these marks in our internals. He made it even more easier by giving us time to study for the questions he had given. I never bothered to utilise this time for the test as i was sure that GP would not be present in the lab, and i could easily ace the test by simply copying hrishi's work. So, we tore off pages to start our answers on, and began writing. As soon as hrishi finished his first sheet, i grabbed it from him and copied word to word into my own sheet. While i was doing so, the lab attendant, venky sat between us not knowing what we were upto. I immediately put hrishi's sheet under my sheets and continued writing. As i did not hav anything to write without referring to hrishi's work, i was forced to take quick peeps at his sheet. Venky caught me, and asked me what i was doing. I simply replied that i was writing my test just like the others in the lab. He pulled out hrishi's sheet from under my pile, and asked me whose it was. I, obviously, had to say it was mine, but knew i was being stupid as hrishi had written with black ink and i have written with blue ink. I also added that as my black pen was out of ink, i changed my pen, and thus the change in color of ink. Venky noted that hrishi was writing with black ink, and it was his handwriting that was also inked on the sheet which i claimed to be mine. He called for GP, and narrated the whole thing to him. GP looked at me and said,"Enna pa idhu. You see....I gave you time to study...... and even then you stick to copying".

No comments: